Are you looking for a fun and unique way to promote your business or event? Order promotional pom poms and custom printed pom poms from Promotional Product Inc. Our pom poms are perfect for cheering on your favorite team, showing school spirit, or adding excitement to any special event. Promotional Product Inc. offers a wide variety of stock and custom pom poms to choose from. We have over 25 years of experience in the promotional product industry, so we can help you find the perfect pom poms to fit your needs. Our stock pom poms are available in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles. We also offer custom-printed pom poms that can be designed to match your specific branding requirements. Whether you need 1,000 cheerleading pom poms for a big game or 50,000 spirits Pom Poms for a stadium-wide promotion, we can handle your order with ease. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality products at the lowest possible prices. Ordering from Promotional Product Inc. is easy – just give us a call or send us an email and we’ll get started on your custom order today!
What are Pom Poms?
Pom poms are small, round balls of paper or plastic that are used as props in cheering and dance routines. Cheerleaders often hold pom poms in their hands while performing jumps, stunts, and other maneuvers. Pom poms can also be thrown into the air or used to decorate a cheerleader's uniform.
Pom poms were originally made from paper or tissue, but today they are usually made from plastic. The most popular colors for cheerleading pom poms are white, black, and gold. Some cheerleaders also use metallic-colored pom poms to add sparkle to their routine.
Pom poms come in different sizes, but the average size is about six inches in diameter. Most cheerleading squads have their own specific requirements for the size and type of pom poms that their members must use. Cheerleading is a popular sport among both girls and boys. It requires athleticism, coordination, and spirit. Cheerleaders use various techniques to lead crowds in cheers and chants; common techniques include clapping, stomping, waving their arms, and using props such as megaphones, banners, and of course, pom poms.
Pom poms are a staple in cheerleading. They add an extra level of excitement and energy to routines and help lead cheers. Pom poms also help keep cheerleaders motivated and add variety to their routines.
HISTORY OF POM POMS
Pompoms were invented in 1898 by Lawrence Herkimer, who is known as the "father of cheerleading". He started out making them from chicken wire and crepe paper for his high school's basketball team in Springfield, Illinois. He later founded the National Cheerleaders Association (NCA) which helped popularize cheerleading across America. Today, the NCA estimates that there are over 1 million high school cheerleaders in the United States alone!
BENEFITS OF USING CUSTOM POM POMS
If you are a cheerleader, or if you have ever been involved in a pep rally or any type of school spirit event, you know that one of the most important things is having the right kind of pom poms. Custom cheerleading pom poms can really make your team stand out and show your school spirit in the best way possible. Here are just a few of the benefits of using custom cheerleading pom poms:
- You can choose the perfect colors to match your school colors or your team’s colors.
- You can choose the size and style of pom poms that you want.
- You can add special details like sequins, glitter, or even feathers to really make your custom pom poms stand out.
- Custom cheerleading pom poms show that you are serious about your team and about showing your school spirit in the best way possible.
- They can be used over and over again, so you will get your money’s worth out of them.
- Cheerleaders who use custom pom poms always look sharp and professional, which makes a good impression on spectators and judges alike.
- Using custom-made Pom Poms allows for originality which helps create a unique environment for both home and away games/matches/competitions
- With customization, teams have an opportunity to support causes close to their hearts by adding symbols or words that represent these passions on their Pom Poms (i.e pink ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness).
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN POM POMS
Pom poms are a fun and easy way to add some flair to your crafts. You can make them out of any type of yarn, and they only require a few supplies that you probably already have at home. Making your own pom poms is also much cheaper than buying them pre-made from a store.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own pom poms:
- Yarn in the color of your choice
- A fork (yes, a fork!) or a Pom Pom Maker (this is an optional tool that can make the process easier)
First, start by wrapping the yarn around your fingers, or the prongs of the fork, about 40 times. The more wraps you do, the fuller your pom pom will be. Once you have a good amount of wraps, carefully slide the wrapped yarn off of your fingers (or fork), and tie it in the center with another piece of yarn. Double knot this piece, so it’s secure, then snip through all of the loops on one side with scissors. Fluff out your pom pom so all of the loops are standing up straight, then trim it into a nice round shape. And that’s it! You’ve just made your very first pom pom!